Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thing 1 and Thing 2


I get to nanny for two of the most interesting people on the planet. They make each day exciting and fun, and I come away challenged and encouraged to live each moment in the present.

Thing 1 is older. He loves to make you laugh. His excitement for anything is contagious. He absorbs facts like a sponge (just ask him about Ancient Egypt) and has the best taste in music for anyone his age EVER. He is sympathetic, selfless, intuitive, and understanding. God doesn't make brothers better than this. Somtimes at church Thing 1 gives me the peace sign, and I give it to him back, but once I mistakenly did it the wrong way round and I swore, and I was mortified because it was church, and he laughed at me later.

Thing 2 is fierce. His courage is unmitigable. He is creative, innovative, determined, and unafraid. His dance moves put me to shame. For someone so young, his knowledge (and keeness) of soccer is extensive and his dedication to any physical activity is exhausting. Ask to see his shoulder roll, but stay well out of the way. He delights in mischief of all sorts. On the bus the other day, he mortified me by shouting really loudly, 'Now that it's dark, let's go home and be really naughty!' By which he meant jump on the sofa with the curtains closed.


[I wish with all my heart I could post a photo of these two, but due to security reasons, I've thought it best not to broadcast pictures of these imps broadcast to the wide world.]

No comments: