Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Brother Love

Mitch at Tybee Beach, Savannah summer 2011

Inadvertantly, I've made a series of posts about each one of us in the family: the only one left being Mitch. All of us are so glad Mitch was born. His main goal in life is to make us laugh, and he will have us all in stitches of laughter when he's in the mood. Growing up with two older sisters, Mitch loved attention. We're six years apart and when he was small, he'd crawl into my lap when I was reading a book, throw the book away, and say, 'No book. Only me.'

Probably my favorite memory of Mitchell was when he was about 7 in Singapore. Mom and Dad had left the house and left us kids alone and for some reason I tried to make Mitchell do something and he absolutely refused! I got so angry: I tried yelling, I tried crying, I tried pleading, and finally I was downright nasty, and I think I thew a cutlery knife at him. (I know!!!) We were both understandably upset at this point. Well this gave Mitchell an idea. He went into the kitchen, poured ketchup on a knife, put it between his chest and arm, and fell down on the grown crying, "It hurts!! It hurts us precious!!! Help meeee!!!!" All three of us laughed so hard all was soon forgiven (and forgotten??). Miss him so much, and will just say, your Christmas present this year, is AMAZING.

No comments: