Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dad on Toast

source: pinterest

I was making myself toast today when a memory of Dad from this summer came back to me.

I walked downstairs into the kitchen to see my dad holding two pieces of toast, flapping them like they were extensions of imaginary wings or an air traffic controller, complete with a little dance.

"DAD! What are you doing?"

"I'm making toast."

"Really?"

"Yes, Francis said that to make really good toast you have to waft it about to let it dry a little so it doesn't go soggy on the plate. That or put it in a little rack but I don't have one of those. Francis is English. He knows about toast! I'd listen to him if I were you."

3 comments:

heather said...

indeed. all the upper-class brits fly around their kitchens every morning. i'm glad that america is finally learning the proper way of doing toast.

Unknown said...

That is just the best.

JAM said...

I am afraid that I can neither confirm nor deny flapping bread in the kitchen.however I do believe the brits know their toast