Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Reason #159: Why Abby Elise is Amazing

Abby Elise Moore on Arthur's Seat, March 2011
[I will knit you a scarf if you can guess what quote Abby said as she stood here. I will give you 2 clues: 1. she loves Jane Austen 2. We are on a mountain]


I received a letter today from Mubbs. In it are about 1,000 reasons why she's amazing, not least because she quotes Jane Austen to me, but here's an excerpt that illustrates things most dear to me about my sister:

'I hung out with some journalists in New York and I realize more and more that world is not for me. I don't want a sexy job in a small flat, wearing fashionable clothing lifestyle. Take me to the dirty and the broken, take me to the quietly suffering and let me give them a voice to cry out for justice. I can no longer sit still, passively watching these struggling people go hungry unnecessarily. Give me the smiling faces of the marginalized! I left my heart there and I want it back.'

I CALL HER SISTER!! It's a wonderful day when you realize the people you're related to are people you'd want to be friends with as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Adieu to disappointment and spleen. What are men to rocks and mountains?"