Monday, February 16, 2009

Doctor Moore

Today, I saw a grown girl sucking her thumb. This is the second person I've seen do this since I've been here. The first time, I thought it was rather odd, but the second, now makes me reconsider the effects of sanity of island life.

I went to the doctor today and after a relatively hassle-free and inexpensive trip, I'm beginning to consider the benefits of social health care and wonder how it would suit America. I literally walked in, filled out ONE sheet of paper, waited 30 minutes, called to a doctor who was thorough and professional, gave me drugs immediately, printed out my prescription. I walked out (not paying for anything!,) went down 2 flights of stairs to the pharmacy who had my prescription ready with in 5 minutes and for which I paid 15 pounds for three separate items (which would have easily cost me a good $50 USD). Everything in less than an hour. I was quite impressed.

No comments: