Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Prayer Breakfast

February 11, 2009

Today UNC plays Duke at Duke. I will wear my tarheel blue today.

Wednesdays at 7.30 there is a prayer breakfast. One person plays on a guitar. All sing quite heartily. One student leads prayer topic. We gather into groups and pray out loud together with words we speak to each other and to God. Before coming here, I thought praying out loud was rather pretentious. Now I find it utterly good. While we pray, one small group prepares breakfast. Its so nice to sing together, to pray together, and then to break fast together with such good food!

Today I had bacon between toasted bread with butter, and the Brits put ketchup on it. Then I had porridge, which is like oatmeal, with honey and bananas, and then a cup of tea.

"And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers." Acts. 2.42

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the font is too small! I can't read it!

~Kassey