Friday, August 10, 2012

Thoughts on a 9-5

We've been back for two days now, each one with Fran off to some job, leaving me to navigate the wiles of a regular 9-5 here.  Here's how my ideal day looks:

6-7 Wake up Coffee Read spiritual things
7-8 Running Shower Breakfast
8-9 Primary source
9-10 Secondary Source
10-11 Languages
11-12 Helpful background reading
       Lunch
Post lunch: computer stuff:email, admin, organizing notes, and writing

Here's how the day really turned out:

7-8.30 Wake up
8.30-9 Shower Dress Try not to swear.
9-10. Breakfast Bunnies Spiritual things.
10-11: Reading first task then realize must print off sheet and post today
11-4: Spend the rest of the day hooking up printer and trying to get it to print
4-5: Fill out sheet and run to post office before it shuts

Ok. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little. But it's amazing how much time is taken away by small things. But I am determined. I will prevail!

We're off again today for the weekend to visit grandparents and to go to Safari Park. I've never been so I think I'm excited. In other weekend news, my brother moves into NC State tomorrow. For some reason that consumes my thoughts.  Happy Friday, and hope your work routine is productive and your weekend glorious!

No comments: