Saturday, February 11, 2012

Cabbage Roses

I can't even tell you where I began to go wrong. Maybe it was when no where in the UK sold those little Valentines you get all over the place in the States. Maybe it was when I thought I'd try my own and began by browsing the Martha Stewart website. Maybe it was when I wanted green themed valentines rather than red. Maybe it was when I tried to combine two Martha Stewart ideas together. Or, maybe it was when I decided to use brussel sprouts and green acrylic paint.

Anyhow, what Martha Stewart ordered was this.

What I wound up using, was this.


And the result was a lot of paper that looked like this.


Will present the final product on Valentines Day, but there's no denying it. Instead of sweet Victorian roses, I'm sending love with cabbages this year.

No comments: