Sunday, August 7, 2011

Gifts from Holland


As a thank-you, Sophie and Fleur brought me gifts from Holland. One was a mug with a church on it, and the other a set a six tea-spoons with designs on the handle. A house, a windmill, a sailboat, a mug of coffee, a teapot, and a meal of mashed potatoe with sausage on crowning it- a v. common dish in Holland, I'm told. Unlike spoons for collecting, Sophie and Fleur assure me that these are very popular in Holland and people use them every day to stir their tea and coffe or eat dessert. Along with the mug came a tiny Dutch shoe which I've resolved to turn into a Christmas ornament. All are by a company called 'Blonde' and its apparently the Cath Kidston of Holland-- they assure me v. fashionable, and I can now take pride in being internationally cultured, though no thanks to my own efforts.

No comments: