Tuesday, January 27, 2009

When I Grow Up

When I grow up, I want to be a hippie. Yesterday, I sat taking communion in Holy Rood Abbey with the same line running again in my head: "Take it lassie, it's for sinner. " I sat with Jesus in my hand and looked up to a stained glass window. As I've just seen my first Cathedrals, I expected something pompous in Latin. Instead, in the center, were the words "God is Love." This sacrament was love. The hymn was an act of love. The tea following the sermon was an act of love. Conversations over tea were an act of love. An encounter with a person's nature can be a reflection of love and hence, of God. Then sharing the nature of God with someone can be as simple as a song or a cup of tea or a smile or a kind word.


4 comments:

Abby said...

A beautiful moment, Natalie; thanks for writing. A single cup of water!

Anonymous said...

We're on the same page, Snattles.

love,
a.

Corban said...

I love you, Mongoose.

abby said...

you natalie... are an act of love

i miss you