Friday, January 9, 2009

The Adventures Begin

On Monday I went to Chapel Hill with a friend. As I was fixing to pick her up and head home her phone died, ensuing in one and a half hours of total panic of trying to find someone in an apartment complex where I had no idea where they lived. After several phonecalls, some excellent detective work, and knocking on strangers's doors, I found my friend and went home!

Adventure number 2 happened yesterday as I was driving with Ashely Paulson around Charlotte running last minute errands. I asked her to drive (since my car had trouble), and overall we had a delightful afternoon with conversation of music, beauty, and boys! As we were driving to pick up my brother, a gust of 50 mph wind blew a large branch down onto her new car, puncturing the wind shield and shattering the glass (which stayed in place for the most part) to look like a large spide web. A wonder we weren't both killed! After calling the police, he drove by us, without bothering to stop and shouted, "This is an act of God! I can't help you," and drove away. I think that sounds like a good line for a book.

I leave tomorrow (Friday, January 9, 2009) at 12.47.

No comments: