Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kitchen Conversations

One of the best things here is my flat which I share with three other girls. I have particularly enjoyed our kitchen table conversations which have ranged from Obama vs. Bush (grilled on the first night!) to reasons why I am not sexually active.

Tonight they asked me about the literal interpretation of the Bible, creation being made in 7 days. I told them I don't really care, that I don't believe in science, and that God used deep magic to create the world. Not Harry Potter magic, but magic in the sense that its beyond me and my understanding and its entirely too beautiful to paste an explanation on it. I felt very much like C.S. Lewis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you told them you don't believe in science or space. Did you feel like C.S. Lewis or did you feel more like someone else...

love,
a.

NJM said...

Haha, its more embarassing when your friends know what you've stolen from them. Once I took a quote from Corban and put it directly into an essay. Then she edited the paper and laughed at my blatant theft.