Monday, July 1, 2013

Sanna and walks

One of the lovely things about Sanna's presence is her determination to go on walks.  We watched Pride and Prejudice one evening, and in the midst of freshly sliced bread and cheese we had purchased at Hexham Market, she announced she'd like to go on a walk. So we paused Colin Firth, and bustled out the door. This led to several more wanderings.

our walk on our first day, just around the river and castle

Fran taught me a short-cut to a wood by my house

And then proceeded to pretend to be a jungle explorer

I just love this photo







I couldn't be happier.
I had several rather terrible experience when I first came to Durham so I've been rather hesitant to embrace it for all its worth. But we struck out on several walks and I'm pleased to say I've found one that will suit even me! It's so long I could walk until I was exhausted and still not have completed it. I adore country walks and can't wait for a dog so I can have someone who enjoys them as thoroughly as I do.

No comments: