Friday, November 30, 2012

Edinburgh and Durham and some Christmas

In Edinburgh:






St Giles Cathedral

George Street

Illegal Crack.

View of city from Fran's apartment window.

Yes, please.

View from rooftop terrace.

Edinburgh, Waverly Station and all.




In Durham:


The rain caught in the lights.
Christmas lights in Durham City Center


View from my college kitchen window.


 I'm daily reminded what a joy it is to live, and have lived, in such beautiful cities.  And it's Christmas soon and I'm shocked at all I have to do and how little time there is. I was about to write that I'm feeling slightly guilty that I'm not in the Christmas mood. At home they've already gotten their tree, taken out the Christmas china, building fires, and done the majority of the Christmas shopping. The lights are out in Durham. I've already had mulled wine and mince pies. And I'm thinking, I have twelve days to finish a major body of work for my supervisor. Holy cow! [AND. I'm also trying to figure out how I can achieve all of my New Years Resolutions (which let's be honest, I probably won't) and which ones I want to do for next year.] But I look at the calendar, that it's only November 30th. November 30th! Plenty of time, especially with all the Christmas fairs, cookie baking, wassail-consuming events that will come between now and my flight home.

Happy End of November, my friends! Especially those who can now see their smooth-reflections again in the mirror. This weekend is the first of the Christmas 'ents begin! Enjoy yours xox



No comments: