Friday, November 2, 2012

Farm Deliveries

Close Farm Veg Box

Last night, my order arrived from Close Farm: an entire bag of vegetables (covered in dirt!), select fruits, local milk, eggs, and butter.  The butter was even wrapped in brown paper. It felt like Christmas. Looking up vegetable recipes, but can already feel a soup brewing in my bones.

This week has been much calmer than last, and yet the doldrums compared to next, which includes Guy Fawkes, the US elections, formals, fancy- dress dinners, and a flight to Southampton.  Fran's sister is in town this weekend and some fireworks for pre-Guy Fawkes are on the menu, and maybe even a cheeky trip to Newcastle.  I hope this means plenty of time to read as Faulkner is on my list.

Indy and Felix are as cute as can be.  I found Felix in a flower pot the other day and Indy, get this, on top of the shed. Not too pleased about that one. They love parsley (must be truly Scottish!) but I think miss fields of grass they used to have, as few plants in my garden are just to their liking.

I've gotten back into the swing of Middle English and just read one of the best romances I've ever come across.  Some days I just can't believe I get to do what I do. A very grateful, Natalie, right here.

Happy weekend! I hope you're enjoying the fall weather and it's not too cold for your liking. Keeping those affected by Sandy close in my thoughts. xo

No comments: