Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Things this week

Things this week:

1. I have an ear infection. I feel like I'm about two and swimming underwater.  Words are much harder to hear, but noises like car's zooming by or kettles boiling become enormously amplified. It's a bit hilarious and hysterical and very sad.

2. I love my students. They are just so smart and talk and I'm sure they're smarter than I am, and I know it's because they're "Durham" students, but ah! I just love them.

3. I've just gotten back from a private tour of the Cathedral for St Chads MCR. The dean is the nicest man I have ever met. So lovely and kind, and when he asked you about yourself he actually listened and cared.  He even said NC was his favorite state, so he won great kudo points there. I just may post pictures of his house later.

4. I keep getting birthday mail. I feel so loved. Thank you.

5. I set myself a ridiculous reading challenge this year. It has broadened me and challenged me and I'm flagging towards the end. And all I want to do is sit and read Anna Karenina. Or listen to it while cooking.

6. I have booked flights for Amsterdam. Sophie, I am coming to see you! I will watch Alle is Leifde everyday in preparation for coming.

7. t-33 days until I see my family. Heck yes.

No comments: