Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Mumford among other things

Lantern


Rapper Dancing at a Ceilidh

Indy first snow (earlier in the week)

Felix loving the snow

Newcastle Metro Arena to see Mumford

Post t-shirt buying

our usual glimpse of Mumford

Their encore where they came into the middle of the venue to sing this

venue shot

today's first fit of snow

our backyard with more snow to follow


Things have been packed and busy this week, which will mean that this will probably be my only post.  This past week was great with Amy and Tim's Christmas gathering, an impromptu decision to go to a ceilidh, some lovely meals out (hello Thai food, hello Moroccan).  The highlight of this week has been to go see Mumford and Sons in Newcastle which was really good. Such a talented, soulful bunch. The week has also included a full day working at the Literature and Philosophic Society in Newcastle, which not only is beautiful but also allows you to read books while drinking tea and eating biscuits.  I obviously did some great work that day. And because life always picks up at the end of term, not only are there loads of Christmassy events, but all final work is due.  Working like a banshee at the minute in order to get a huge paper into my supervisor before the weekend.  This weekend I'm off to Holland to visit Sophie and I'm super-excited.

This week has snowed twice.  I grew up in the snow, so I shouldn't become paralytically paranoid every time it falls now, but I can't help but think: do I have enough butter, milk, and eggs to survive in case we get cut off? Will we get snowed in? What if I can't make it back to my flat? Obviously lived a little too long in rural countryside where snow equals power cuts and isolation and possibly Donner party methods of survival.

In other news, I've taken over the blog for MEMSA which you can find here: http://durhammemsa.wordpress.com/ It's the postgraduate medieval and early modern society and it's more of an academic- resource, but you may be curious how people so completely removed from an age of technology deal with things like the innernet. I'm also freaking out about New Years Resolutions. Have you decided yours already?

Hope you're well and enjoying the beginning of December! Who has already eaten all the chocolate from their advent calendars? xx

No comments: