Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend Antics

PAELLA.


This past weekend, it snowed in Durham. The snow did not stay. I liked the new James Bond, especially the Scottish bits.  Got scared out of my trousers in Newcastle and Durham on the weekend nights. Note to self: do not leave flat when the natives get restless.  Fran decided not to buy a fish.  We had a lovely Sunday lunch with the Bygates whom I met on Iona. Love me some game stew. One of my flatmates had a do, and cooked for us some amazingness. I've never had eggplant I devoured before. Win. The Durham food festival was also on and I stuffed myself with some Spanish paella, tapas, and Italian sweets. Marzipan, how have we never met before? And today, for the first time, I sat down in my desk, and realized I could get back to research. Oh where to begin. Today, I booked flights home-- home for a month, America; bet you can't wait. I also tried to fill in my absentee ballot. I didn't get far. I got this greasy feeling like when I eat too many fried oysters.  Will come back to it once my political nausea has passed. Maybe I'll go cuddle the bunnies or something.

Would anyone else eat saffron with every meal if they could? Soooo delicious. xo

1 comment:

heather said...

vote for justice newbie! xx