Monday, October 22, 2012

Settling In

No new pictures of Indy and Felix. But here is a cow I saw in Iona. Isn't he adorably shaggy?


This weekend we spent settling in, namely shopping for things to make our respective flats livable: shoe racks, hangers, bowls, and, the best one-- food. Bare pantries for the last few weeks are no longer empty but stocked.  We did get kicked our of the grocery store because it closes at four on a Sunday.  Probably the most exciting thing was getting pots and pots of herbs, and I am soon to create my own herb garden: rosemary, basil, parsley, chives, thyme, oregano, basil, all at my command.  In addition to shopping, we attended many a gathering this weekend and a lovely new church.

Felix and Indy are okay, I think. They like the two story hutch. They love having space to run, and often they jump and binky. Happy bunnies, right? But, as I went out to feed them last night, a mouse ran out from the bottom of the hutch, scared the sheet of out of me-- and probably Indy and Felix too. They have a look about them when they're upset.  It used to happen when slugs were in their cage and if they speak that look may say something like "Invaders!"  It makes me so uncomfortable with dirty mice around my lovely clean bunnies. Any ideas on mouse-proofing hutches? Or are most bunnies actually manly and tell a mouse what's what, rather than cower in a corner while he eats his little heart out? They are happy enough running about the garden, among the plants and herbs.  In fact they're delighted and keep pulling plants up. Oh goodness....they're going to get into my basil, aren't they.

No comments: