Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Dog and Walk


 





This is a walk right by Fran's house, and I love it and wish it didn't require a car in order to access it. And a dog makes things so much better. In fact, Fran keeps drawing parallels between me and the dog, saying how very often our interest align.
-------------------
+ I have more books to read than I know what to do with, but rather than tackle the pile with my usual verve, I find myself incredibly despondent, picking up The Order of the Phoenix which I literally must have read a thousand times. This lack of reading shows too.  I'm less calm and ordered. When I read, I plumb this inner reservoir of, I dunno, Natalie-ness, and when I don't read, I feel tossed about. I often wonder how people survived before books as means of an introvert's haven.
+ I've been grazing through Thomas Wolfe's Look Homeward, Angel and I'm not enjoying it, which makes me feel like a traitor, like I don't belong to the South or any of its host of great literature, and I feel guilty, so maybe that's why I can't get past page 47. 
+ I was reading War and Peace.  I made it to about p. 200 and anyone in their right mind would consider that a book. But no. I'm not even a fifth of the way through. It's brilliant, and until now I never found length at all daunting. Until now.
+ I have discovered and love, love, love evernote. Click here or http://evernote.com/ or EVERNOTE. It's like, interactive word, so I can keep track of all my ruddy book notes, to-do lists, reading lists, work logs... So if you love lists and keeping track of stuff and need it on your computer, here you go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fran looks every bit the handsome romantic on the shore with a dog. I seem to have had a splendid time.