Saturday, September 24, 2011

Going to Sweden

Sanna and Me in Uppsala, Sweden in front of a king's barrow. July 2009.

I found super-cheap flight to Sweden to visit Sanna! I go when Thing 1 and Thing 2 are on fall break. As I was praying about whether to go or not, I was reminded that this will be a time of creativity and encouragement. So often when I attempt to dabble in the arts (writing, sewing, drawing, painting) I'm confounded by my own ego saying "you're not nearly good enough." But Sanna suffers none of this, and when I'm with her, I'm most wholly myself. That aside, the food in Sweden is the most wholesome, delicious stuff on this planet! Eating bread is a whole new experience, and I even like sandwhiches over there. They have 'tea' or 'fikka' all the time which just means one is constantly eating. I'm excited to be going in the fall as this experience will be wholly different, and perhaps even more beautiful, than my summer escapades in July 2009. Huzzah!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

HUZZAH! HUZZAH! My dear Natalie is coming to Sweden!