Sunday, September 4, 2011

Aida



Me outside the Colisuem in Verona-- lucky to wear summery clothes!





The arena filling in-- the stage as it appeared in Act I




An experience shared with 15,000 others




The Roman centurions on the top were breathtaking and this scene even had horses in it




The last scene-- the tomb and the live burial

The stage settings were unbelievable. I think that might have been the highlight. That and the story-line. I went into Aida not knowing the ending, and that was the best thing I could have done! I followed along, act by act letting the story unfold. I know thats probably not how one should approach Opera, its about the music, but for me at this point, the plot was as every bit as interesting as the music. F still sings to me the religious prayer scene at night.

No comments: