Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Goals for the Semester

I am in a flurry.



First meeting of the Knitting Society. I learned how to cast off and completed my first ever scarf. Goal for term: knit mittens. Goal for life: Knit a sweater

First meeting of Yoga Society. I can't make any of their meetings, but hope to make their socials. Goal: to complete a box set of classes, ie: go to Bristo Yoga School and attend one class per week for ten weeks.

Literature Society: Not sure about this, but hope it will be good... Goal: to read
And the Land Lay Still and to find a friend to go with. Other literaturites can be so intimidating!

Harry Potter Society:
Go when possible, but its a little strange...

Tomorrow: First meeting of homegroup for the year! Yay yay yay! Holyrood, the Macleods, Anna Murray, Alex, Mary Stay. Life is good!

Durham Medieval and Renaissance Postgraduate Discussion Group: Attend their fortnightly meetings.

Durham: Go down every Monday and Wednesday for one month. Goal: go to my first conference this semester. Goal for life: present a paper at a conference.

Babysit: For free for the Inces once every fortnight.

Bunnies: Give them time outside for at least 20 mins each day. Goal: find newspaper for free to change their hutch and possible help Fran in completing the run before the weather turns sour.

Sketching: to do a little every day. Goal: to do a series on shoes. Goal for life: to paint my dad a picture of a durian.

Nanny: Three times a week. Job. Check.

I think I do better with more on my plate. What are your plans and goals for the semester? Do you like a heavier or lighter ECA load?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like a heavier load, even if I complain about it when I have it. It keeps me disciplined. I am no good with lots of time on my hands. I have karate every Monday and Wednesday, work on the book during the day, youth group every Friday, church on Sundays, and I am going to try to go to my cousins every Tuesday to help out around the house. :) I haven't found any societies to join, though.