Monday, July 25, 2011

Recipe Book




I have this habit of writing down recipes I use on index cards and I'm sure my flat gets pretty annoyed to find recipes for 'Garlic Lover's Pasta' in the kitchen weeks after its use. So. I decided it was time to get a recipe book. I headed up to PaperChase on George Street, draggin poor Fran with me. They had an entire section dedicated to recipe books, just blank pages I could fill up, but I was annoyed at all their layouts- well any layout really. I just wanted a blank book I could plop open at need with wide enough pages to fill my scrawl.

After anally searching the entire store I found the pefect victim: an 8 x 10 book with brown pages that would seem to line the drawers of an older aunt's linen cupboard. Fran and I both agreed the cover seemed a bit plain, and had earlier, both fancied an orange print of birds and cages. I love prints of birds and this seemed perfect. When I got home, I put my 8th grade cover-book skills to use once again. And though perhaps not exactly perfect, its wonderful to create things however silly.

No comments: