Monday, May 2, 2011

My Room


My room is the sort of room I've always dreamed of having. I'm on the top floor of my flat with my ceiling slanting slightly. My window is cut into this slant and opens out directly onto the roof. I'm the only one I can see on this whole rooftop view of houses with a skylight window! Its lovely. I have a view of a Cathedral Steeple, and if bells still chimed, we'd be close friends. I can also see the Pentland hills. Whats more exciting is the light that streams in, so forcibly it sometimes gives me headaches. Today I sat at my desk writing, the window full open, the sun so strong I had to put on sunglasses, birds swooping by. Its the sort of desk position that makes you want to sit down and write important things. Its tremendous and I love it.

4 comments:

Abby said...

How lovely! You should have kept that postcard! You certainly have an enviable room of one's own.

Unknown said...

That sounds absolutely lovely! And soon I will be there to see i!

Unknown said...

I really wanted to have a room with a skylight. Sadly, the shape of our roof is not good for installing one. So, my husband is planning to add an extension to the house, where building a skylight would be possible. I’m so excited to start this project. Anyway, I love your room. Doesn't it feel good to wake up in the morning, and the first thing that will greet you is the lovely sunlight coming through the skylight? #Joann Winton

Unknown said...

The way you described your room, it’s like you’re in a safe haven. What made your room that beautiful and special for you is the skylight. Just imagine if it has no window; your room would be like a dark place. Good decision that the designer of that house opened up the ceiling and made it a skylight. @ Roof Works