Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sanna



A typical letter from Sanna.

My dear friend Sanna is coming to visit at the end of May and I'm over the moon with excitement!!! I've known Sanna for 10 years and each time we see each other its as if we're 13 excited about the new Lord of the Rings film coming out in December again. When I first met Sanna, I did not like hugs. Somehow this annoyed Sanna immensely and she made it her life's ambition to give me a hug every day upon arriving at school. I would run. I would arrive late. I would resist and not hug back. Eventually, Sanna won. We would have sleep overs and talk late into the night, not about boys, but about ideas and stories and music-- things we found we both loved. One night we taught ourselves how to waltz at 2.30 in the morning. When I moved away, we kept in touch through letter writing and a letter from Sanna will still brighten my day. I feel so important and they are lighthearted and profound and funny. Always written in an inkpot and quill, after reading them makes me feel as if I could do anything, particularly commadere a boat a find Treausre Island. (Sanna and I did go snorkeling in Tiomin and I still believe we nearly found it.) Now I get to have Sanna for two glorious weeks which cannot come fast enough!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I made it to your blog! Life is complete. I love you!