Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Self Improvement

I have loved the University degree system here. In my courses I had maybe 6 hours of class time a week, leaving me with beaucoups of time. This has been a tremendously relief compared to life at UNC, where from 8-8 days are packed with classes and ECAs and schoolwork and coffee dates. However adjusting to this has been both a blessing and a curse. I feel like I'm a much healthier person over all, this year, no longer stressed and worn. But at the same time, without lots of time contraints, its also a lot harder to motivate myself. It's easier to postpone things, and to say, 'ah I'll get to that tomorrow.' Now I've grown to the point where I'm restless and dissatisfied with myself if I don't do things. So with the days growing lighter and the weather warmer, I've revised myself and my time, and my determination, to get things done. Unfortunately, this starts with a to-do, and its embarassing the pleasure I get from checking off each one. My goal for this week is to get up at 6 each morning, giving myself time, more than I need to bask in small pleasures: a cup of tea, a journal entry, a few pages of Scripture reading, writing a letter to a friend, possibly yoga. T.S. Eliot writes, "There will be time, there will be time, and there will be time." Ah Mr. Eliot, I would that I may know this!

No comments: