Monday, September 3, 2012

September

view of Granada from the Alhambra, July 2009. 


I can hardly believe it's September.  Only now have Indy and Felix really begun to shed their winter coats and I can consistently wear shorts. It feels like summer has just opened her arms in full glory here.   Most schools start today.  It's wonderful to start on such a warm note, and I'm beginning to itch to get back into an academic city.  One of the luxuries of Durham is beginning the first week of October. October! That's like a 9-week semester, compared to the leviathan of 16-week terms at UNC that never.seemed.to.end.

I've been thinking a lot about Spain and tapas. If I have an itch, it's to go there. Just for one day. One day in Granada.   The memories or emotions involved with the memories cling like morning mist:  rooftops and sangria and reading aloud. That's the best picture I took in Granada. How is that possible? What was I doing? But then again, it's like I lived my whole life in those three days and I keep wondering what have I done since then and what am I doing now. Life seems so circular and not at all linear. I keep thinking, haven't I been here before? Like a perpetual sense of de ja vous.

But lately. What's been up? Music and car rides. That's what. That's how we get home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was absolutely stunning.