Monday, December 12, 2011

The Past 2 Weeks



On Saturday, I watched Fran play hockey for the first time at Peffermill.


On Sunday, Fran and I walked past Arthur's Seat all covered in snow



and met our friend Nate for a lunch at the good ol' Elephant House (a fellow PhD at Durham)



On Monday, Fran met me for lunch at the Christmassy German Market. The poh-tay-toes were UHmazing!!!


and went to Durham later than night for a formal, looking quite festive.



On Tuesday Fran took me out to a MEXICAN restaurant where they had QUESO!! The only Mexican restaurant in all of Edinburgh to have QUESO. AND FRAN FOUND IT!!!!


On Wednesday I went back to Durham for a great paper on the perceptions of Sappho from Antiquity to the Early Renaissance. Did you know she wasn't always perceived as a lesbian but the Middle Ages viewed her as a (definitely male) prostitute?

On Thursday we had colossal winds in Scotland up to 80 mph so all things were canclled and fought with the UKBA for my passport back. I rearranged my flights home for Wednesday.

On Friday, we had our flat Christmas party. It was so much fun. Louise managed a phenomenal meal of turkey and vegetables; we had Secret Santa; and played 'I have never' and Charades.

Lisa preparing the Christmas meal. Photo courtesy of Louise Gladstone.

On Saturday I came down with a cold that has kindly accompanied me all week long.

No comments: