Friday, December 23, 2011

12 Spiritual Book List

After canvassing many people for their most life-changing spiritual works, I've developed a tentative list. I have selected 12, one to reach each month, though I have a feeling this list will change. Some of these I found on my parents bookshelf. I harassed my brother and sister for others.

1. The Practice of the Presence of God with Spiritual Maxims, Brother Lawrence.

2. The Westminster Standards: The Confession of Faith, the Larger and Shorter Catechisms.

3. Crazy Love, Francis Chan with Danae Yankoski

4. The Key to Personal Peace, Billy Graham.

5. The Mark of the Christian, Francis A. Schaeffer

6. The Spirit of the Disciplines, Dallas Willard

7. The Cost of Discipleship, Dietrich Bonhoeffer

8. The Weight of Glory, C. S. Lewis

9. Confessions, St. Augustine.

10. The Diary of David Brainerd and 'Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God', Jonathan Edwards

11. The Freedom of a Christian, Martin Luther

12. The Resurrection of the Son of God, N.T. Wright

The Back Up List:

- The Great Divorce, C.S. Lewis
- Abide in Christ, Andrew Murray
- Orthodoxy, G.K. Chesterton
-Summas, Thomas Aquinas
- The Secret Providence of God, John Calvin
-Knowing God, J I Packer
- The Biography of H. Gabrielsson, S. L. Gabriel

Do you have any must-read books that have changed your life in a spiritual way? Any recommendations or alterations?

No comments: