Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Having Thanksgiving overseas without my family is a challenge, mainly because it's cooking a feast for so many people. It's definitely made me admire my mom more. However it turned out to be a wonderful and belly-filling time.

Fran's flat graciously decided to host us this evening. With 3+ tables extended it felt just about right.

One side of the table...


...and the other

Our gracious hosts-- Fran and his flat.

Maybe our first flat photo of the year?? My lovely housemates!

Jimmy, Dave, and Tom-- all who helped us win the Marrow pubquiz on Monday (!!)

One of the highlights of the evening was Fran and JT playing fiddles on tables...


... and jumping off them. Personal favorite picture of Thanksgiving.

Did you tell the story of Squanto on Thanksgiving? Did you have lots of things to be thanksful for? Everyone went round and had some really sweet things to be thankful for. Mine was old family recipes, especially as I made my Aunt Hauttie's rice pilaf-- soo delicious!

No comments: