Friday, May 31, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend




Memorial Day weekend was lovely.  Fran and I celebrated an anniversary on Friday.  We looked at houses on Saturday, and Sunday we headed to the car boot sale.  I found a 1950s CLUE (or Cluedo) board game which made me real excited.  And a US to metric converting bowl.  Yuss! The amount of meals I've ruined by not getting them right is pretty embarrassing. Monday we headed to a country park around Morpeth and drove along some of the roads Fran cycled last fall in his epic trip from Edinburgh to Newcastle.  We fought a load of angry swans for our picnic and found some geese and their little goslings! So cute.

This week has seen an end to invigilation. The library is now quiet again. Preparing for conferences over the summer. Still in a reading funk, but tepidly making my way through Crime and Punishment.  I love them Russians.  So wonderfully good. Missing the heat from home and wishing I were there to pick strawberries. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU SOON!