Monday, October 17, 2011

Girls: Don't do this to boys


This first photo is from ages ago, but it shows the bunnies semi-spooning, and its so adorable when they just flop happily like that.








The bunnies are well and I think they love living outside. Their coats are getting slightly coarser due to the cold weather, and I imagine will be v. snug in their hutch.

Outside they live in a hutch at the back of a stone-walled garden. Since I don't have a run (yet-- Fran is building me one!!), I put red leads on them and let them hop about the garden, using the leads to catch them when play-time is up. I have ideas for insulating the hutch which involves a card-board box and straw or newspaper, and is a pretty ingenius idea that I took from a rabbit blog.

I think they are getting along ok, though Indy does occasionally do this to Felix, even outside:

No, they are not making babies. This is a sign of dominance where the dominant rabbit will straddle the lesser rabbit. I feel so badly for Felix as he IS the male and if he wasn't so darn tiny, the male usually takes that position. Indy however, was mine first, and is much larger, so she takes the dominant role here. I'm a bit disappointed becaues the girl promised me a Lionhead, not a dwarf lionhead, and Felix is definitely a dwarf Lionhead, so size here is rather an issue. Fingers crossed that this odd symbiotic relationship will work.

No comments: