Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Landing in Italy

Poor Liz, my travel companion to Italy, was very kind to put up with me in Italy. When our plane landed, I think we were both shocked by the sun. Not that there isn't any sun in Edinburgh. When the light shines, its brilliant. I guess subconsciously I'd just come not to expect the sun. And the heat. After an embarrassing attempt to withdraw money at a atm that wasn't actually an atm, we caught a bus to the tube in Rome, where which took us literally to our hostel's door steps.

We unpacked, wandered around, and found gelato! Gelato. I think we had that every day. My first one was purely dark chocolate, but the Italians love to mix flavors, especially two or three different types. And my, that was heavenly!

We unpacked, rested, and about 7 decided to go out and hunt for some dinner and then go try a club. However, we didn't realize the Italian time schedule. For Italians:
Breakfast: croissant and espresso
Lunch and siesta: 1-3 everything shuts down
Dinner: 8-9
Go out: 12 midnight

So, we tried to go to a club, but it ended up being a bit sketch, so we went to the nearest restaurant, and ate pizzas! Delicious! By the time, we'd finished, I wasn't comfortable to go out, so we asked the waiter to call us a cab and off to home we went.

No comments: