Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ending

To be honest, I'm not sure what to say. I have one exam tomorrow at half two. I'm not very worried, and I probably should be. I love the brilliant blue skies of the last few days, and the presence of the wind constantly reminds me I am not in North Carolina.

I have been learning to love. To accept love. To accept love despite disappointment. To forgive. To rest in love and know that it is enough. I'm not sure I know these things yet, but see them dimly, and wonder. I'm beginning to orient myself towards home again, which is a funny feeling. After coming back in some ways I feel like I've just begun life in Edinburgh again. I should like to come back I think and live here. But the world is so wide, should I bother with other places I won't like as well? And home. I have a strange lack of homesickness which I find almost disturbing.

1 comment:

abby said...

i find it disturbing as well...