Thursday, May 7, 2009

Arthur's Seat

Being back in Edinburgh has been wonderful. On SaturdaymI and my friend Don, climbed Arthur's seat. It was wonderful. Strong sky, specked with clouds, sub brilliant, and the wind, oh the wind. It was as if the wind was alive, reminding me I had blood in my veins, stirring the color in my cheeks, and the gulls crying loudly over the Swan loch, calling my name, again and again.

Tonight, Gillian and I went to a wee pub. I wrote for the first time in ages. Just writing pieces. One about Caleb and the promised land. One about the wind. One about how the navigations between girls and guys and pulling works in clubs. Good just to let it out and drink a pint of cider with a good friend. We need to do this more often: deliberately make time for ourselves and beauty.

No comments: