Friday, April 12, 2013

Easter holidays

I feel I've travelled the gamut of the country to turn around and travel the gamut of the globe.  For Easter, we went to see Fran's family in Southampton and Cornwall, then headed up to Edinburgh to for a brief pit stop on our way to the highlands.  I have about a thousand pictures of each, and will hope to post more later. But until then, here's a glimpse.



Some lovely friends threw us a surprise engagement party-- too sweet




After a very busy week, we head off for Easter.

We head to Cornwall with Fran's family and spend some time on the coast.


And even make an excursion to Bodmin Moor.


We run across this in a layover near King's Cross on our up to Edinburgh.

We have one night in Edinburgh and make sure to see our friends perform.

Head up to the highlands with old flatmates.

Where we stayed in Glentrium Castle.
 More photos to follow!

We've been back for a busy week in Durham (and I've been recovering from a mammoth cold) and yet we're off globe trotting again tomorrow.  I feel this holiday is certainly not in my book of 'just desserts' so while I'm excited for warmth, feel slightly guilty about it at the same time. Such a Puritan upbringing! Will send greetings and sunny skies from Mauritius. xo








No comments: