Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dream Lover





When I was home, I went to visit my 90 year old grandmother.  Dementia has set in quite badly and though quite clever at disguising it, she doesn't really remember many people.  However, she does remember the highlights of her life which would seem to be skiing, music, and dance.  When we asked her questions, she couldn't tell us how many children she had, but she could tell us every place she had ever been skiing.  In the lull in the painful conversations, she'd move her head and feet to the songs playing (she had great rhythm, boy, I bet she could dance), and even sing songs.  When I mentioned Bing Crosby, she lit up and told me how much she liked him. This song played while we were there, and she knew it, so this reminds me of her.  I realize this edition isn't quite complete, but I loved the dancing of Bobby Darin so much, I couldn't resist! Enjoy xx

No comments: