Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thoughts for Monday



Mitch and Dad have gone hiking with some of Mitch's classmates. Mom and I join them on Tuesday. I have been in charge of meals. It's a sad thing when some of your own meals make your stomach queasy at the thought of them: i.e. hotdogs. But I am excited. We shall bring the dog. I hope to take lots of beautiful pictures. Fran comes to town the day we return and we're throwing a graduation party for Mubbs and Mitch.

Today mom bought me a bird feeder for my window at my new home in Durham.  Time home has been spent watching the birds flit across the yard.  I can now identify seven species: the hummingbird (ruby throated and black cheeked), the thrush, the cardinal, the finch, the bluebird, the mockingbird, and the yellow warbler.  Being near the piano has been wonderful, though I am terrible.  I think I shall add to my NYRs to memorize a piece on the piano, though I know it shall be a public service to no one.

I also had coffee with my high school friend. Are there any better moments?  She used to call me opossum face, and I'm sure in the turns of her mind, that is how she still refers to me. I brought Annabelle and she seemed distressed the entire time. We must work on socializing her with good training. I also ran into my high school prom date, which was pleasant and surreal.  To think that was seven years ago!  It seems I was such a different person then and yet that I am unchanged at all.  I like being home and running into people that I know. I do not like being home alone and wish mom would hurry home from work. How I thought I could live on my own--I have no idea!

No comments: