Thursday, March 12, 2009

Brief Interruption

As a brief interruption from my tales of Oxford.

Last night, Mr. Murdo and I sat down to dinner and we talked about grandparents, aging, family, marraige, and relationships. He talked about his relationship with Emma, and knowing God. Later that evening, Ms. Emma sat in that same chair and told me how one has to work at relationships, especially in one's marriage.

It reminded me of in Genesis of how the two will become one flesh. Two people, brought together by the bond of marriage, and sharing very similar thoughts on the topic of marriage in the same chair within hours of each other, having no idea that the other had said something similar. I want to be like them when I grow up.

1 comment:

abby said...

:) I miss you precious. I'm listening to Come thou Fount and it reminds me of how much you love the song. I am praying that Jesus' goodness like a fetter binds our wandering hearts to Him. May He shower you with His grace today and may His joy lift your tired body up in strength. I love you.