Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sprung Break

The triumvirate, London, Buckingham Palace

I've just spent the last ten days with my siblings and had the best time ever. My thoughts are entirely scattered, and it will probably take a few days for me to assemble them, but my immediate overwhelming emotion is gratitude. Even though these past few days have been wonderful and snowy and stressful and joyous, I'm more excited that I was able to experience all of those things with my brother and sister, that I shared it with them. I honestly think that I couldn't hand pick better siblings. I don't think I've laughed so much in the last week than I have in the last 3 months. I'm determined one day to either live near them, or make enough money to be able to see them a gazillion times a year. I love that we are three; that we don't really look alike, but Abby makes the connection between me and Mitch; that Mitch is the funniest person I know; that Abby is as tough as iron and has a heart of gold; that we are all born in odd years; that we know the same stories and often share the same thoughts; that they are brave and industrious; that we have shared so many exotic experiences; that we encourage and challenge each other in all aspects of life. After they left, I spent the entire train ride back watching our childhood favorite, the BBC Chronicles of Narnia. I could gush all day on why I like them so much, but will spare you the need to go watch something cynical after such a slobbering post and end here, with the promise of actual photos and stories soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful. I'm glad you had such a good time.