Sunday, November 6, 2011

Birthday Loving

Photo: Carrie Carson

Yesterday was my birthday, and I loved every minute of it. My heart is so full of gratitude for knowing such lovely people who improve my life in many ways. Growing older is fantastic. As an oldest child, growing up, I never had that 'role model' of an older sibling to look to for guidance on how to fit in, or what to wear, or how to talk to people, and as a result, it settled in me a great many insecurities, constantly second-guessing myself. The beautiful thing about growing older is daily I become a more confident and self-assured person. I get to know myself better and love the development of mental thought I've gone through in the last 5 years. Its astounding to think of what I was in high school, and how I viewed things, to now. Another wonderful thing is my very nature is the same: I'm the same person I was at birth, but this process of development allows me to know myself better. So here's some self love:

Things I think are ok about me:
1. I have this stupid mole on my face, and I absolutely love it
2. I love my name. Its a perfect mix between family ties and new horizons
3. I love my date of birth. I like the numbers. I also like that it happens to fall on Guy Fawkes day.
4. I like that I can laugh at my shortcomings and am quick to apologize for them.
5. I like that things I loved as a child are dear to me still.
6. Once in a while I am very creative, and I like it when that happens.
7. I get enthusiastic when something interests me, and I'll pursue it till it's done.

Much birthday love! Do you have things you like about yourself?

No comments: