Thursday, May 26, 2011

To Wear or Not to Wear

For Valentines, Fran bought me pearls. They were beautiful, and I was worried he'd spent his entire student loan on them. He assured me he found a steal of 80% off which made me feel less guilty and entirely flattered. Immediately I was posed with a dilemma: do I wear these everyday, and knowing me, encounter the possibility of losing them? They are REAL. Or do I save them for very special occassions, and pull them out for balls and dinners?

I liked them so much I went with the first option and wore them all the time. And I mean ALL the time. I wore them in the shower, wore them to bed, wore them jogging, wore them to nanny. But yesterday, I looked in the mirror and realized I had lost one. I couldn't say I was entirely surprised... but I was sad.

So here's the question: what would you do? Do you hide your nice stuff away and pull it out only on very special occassions, or do you wear it all the time with a chance of losing it? To wear or not to wear?

No comments: